Thursday, August 20, 2009

9 mth happenings

Jalen is a little over 9 months now and had his 9 mth check-up today. He is very healthy, 19lbs and 7oz and 28 1/2 inches long. He is right on track with height but still in the 25th percentile for weight. No concerns though because he is growing as he should, just smaller than the average population, no big surprise with me and Jason being his parents, not the biggest people in the world! He loves his pediatrician and we are all sad that we have to leave him when we move to OK, hopefully we find someone just as nice and patient.

Jalen has been eating rice puffs and doing great with them so I gave him some dehydrated yogurt chips and he loved them. I decided to start giving him small bites of avocado and bananas and he loves being able to eat like a big boy so much now, he is starting to refuse being fed the pureed baby food. Tonight I gave him peas and again he was so happy so now I need to start thinking about foods I can cook at home and chop up for him to eat...any suggestions?

Jalen sitting in his toy tub one morning

fast asleep after a day with the photographer

"are you talkin' to me?"


getting in mommy's diaper bag to find more toys

a little monkey butt

loving to walk up and down the halls with mommy


more of Jalen's great facial expressions

No comments: