Saturday, March 14, 2009

Doing a good thing

I want to encourage everyone to think about stuff they have that they don't use anymore and find someone who could use it. Not only does it really help out someone who may not have the resources you do, but it also allows you to do a little spring cleaning and for a good cause.

I have been meaning to go through Jalen's stuff he has outgrown and give some away to those who need it and today found out about a baby boy who was born 2 mths early at just a few lbs and the mom doesn't have anything for the little guy. We of course have more than enough and even if we have more kids in the future, we have the resources to get what we need. For now there is a baby who desperately needs everything so I have packed up a tote and some bags filled with clothes, blankets, bottles, bibs, socks, hats, formula, diapers, wipes and more. I kept some stuff for keepsakes like his baptism outfit, 1st Christmas, etc but am so happy to have clothes and diapers from preemie sized to 3 mths that I can pass along. As a new mom I received 2 free diaper bags, many cans of formula, prenatal samples and more so I am passing it on to this new mom. If you are in the same situation as I am and have unopened formula and other items you don't use that you think someone else could, don't let it expire or collect dust in your cupboards, give it away to someone who can use it. Or just in general, do some spring cleaning and think about those who have so little and could really use something you have that you don't use.


On another note... below are some more pictures of Jalen.



Brushing him gums before bed with his infant gum massager...teaching him good habits early :o)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That's a great idea! I often use Freecycle if I can't find a good home for things.

Check it out...I nominated you for a blog award.

http://www.theonealfamilynews.com/?p=560