Sunday, March 8, 2009

Trip to the Midwest

We had a wonderful time in Chicago and loved seeing everyone who was able to come out and meet us. Thank you Rachel for picking us up, letting us have your room and throwing us a fun little party for everyone to meet Jalen. We stayed in Chicago for the first 2 days then headed to Kingston to be with my parents for the rest of the week which included traveling to Wisconsin Dells for 2 days to stay at the Kalahari resort/indoor waterpark. Thanks mom and dad, we had a great time and it was nice for Jalen to spend some time with his Grammie and Papa. Jason hurt his shoulder within the first couple hours of being at the waterpark so he wasn't able to do as much as he would have liked. We still aren't sure what he did so he might be getting an MRI this week. Below are pictures from our trip (not in order)...enjoy!



Joe, Abraham, Erika & Jalen


Jalen loving the sweater Aimee made for him

with the Lofchies at Kirkwoods for the U of I game


Rachel & Jalen



Walking in the snow in Chicago



Akin & Jalen

Typical Tridelt picture

Me with my son and (pledge) daughter

Aimee & Jalen

Mary & Jalen

Amy & Jalen

Mookie & Jalen

Terry & Jalen


Jalen with the Vuckovich Family

Jalen sleeping on Dan's shoulder


Jalen meeting a friend on the plane

Jalen's 1st plane ride


At the Kalahari Resort at Wisconsin Dells


Jalen at the waterpark

Jalen with Papa


Like my swimsuit?

Jalen wiped out after a long day of swimming

On the lazy river (notice Jason's sling)




This is what Jason injured himself on

Jalen watching the surfers



Jalen with Marty

Jalen with Michelle

Jalen with Jean

Jalen with Syd

Jalen lying on the blanket his great-great grandma Talsma made for me when I was a baby


Jalen on Grammie's lap

1 comment:

Michelle Fisher said...

Joely, Jasen and Jalen!
Thanks for coming by to visit. It was so nice to see you again. You look great! What a beautiful family you have. You are truly blessed. Jalen is just about the cutest baby I have seen (excluding my own, of course!) I am glad you could take the time to come by and visit. I know what it is like when you come in from out of town and there are so many places you "need" to be. I a glad that we were on the list. I hope Jason has a speedy recovery. Take care! Hugs!
Michelle