Monday, November 24, 2008

2 Weeks Old Tonight

At 8:19pm tonight Jalen will be officially 2 weeks old and although it seems like just yesterday I was going to the hospital hoping to be induced, it also seems like we've had him forever. Jalen and I both had our 2 week check ups today and they both went very well.

A baby should gain their weight back by 14 days so we were hoping he would be back to 6lbs 3.9oz but we were pleasantly surprised when we laid him on the scale and it read 6lbs 12oz! The doctor thought he looked good all over and said his circumcision is healing nicely too. I warned the doctor that Jalen is a fan of peeing straight in the air when his diaper is removed but I don't think he really thought he would and just as he held him up in the air and turned him over, a stream shot out at the table. The doctor thought he spit up at first until he saw me grab for a burp cloth to cover him and stop the pee from going all over the place. The doctor laughed and said "well at least he didn't do it while facing me". Our next appt is in 2 weeks for his 1 month check up.

At my appt the doctor removed the steri strips which were holding my incision together and found where I was tied off internally and removed the knot in the stitch so it wouldn't pull so much anymore. It hurt a bit but I am still pretty numb, and could be for a while, where my incision is so I didn't feel the majority of it. I am also down to 130lbs now so only 13-15 more to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, although I can't say it is because of me doing anything considering I can't lift over Jalen's weight or exercise for at least another 4 weeks when I have my next appt, but I'm sure just getting up and down with Jalen and drinking tons of water and not eating as much isn't hurting.

I will post some more pictures soon because of course I have new ones everyday so keep checking back!

No comments: