Sunday, November 30, 2008

3 Weeks Tomorrow

Jalen will be 3 weeks old tomorrow, time is just flying by! He is becoming more alert day by day and is also becoming more and more colicky too. We have had 3 or 4 nights in a row now that he doesn't fall asleep until after 1am which hasn't been too big of a deal since it was a long holiday weekend but Jason works tomorrow morning so now if he decides to be up all night this week, it's all on me to stay up with him. I have been trying really hard to nap whenever I feel like it because when bedtime comes around I always wish I slept more that day to be able to stay up more with him. I start my next class this week and am wondering how in the world I am going to be able to manage it! I can barely get through making my own breakfast or lunch or taking a shower with as busy as he keeps me with his feedings much less have to study and do work. Hopefully he will start getting better with his schedule and get his days and nights back on track and it won't be as hard as I imagine but we'll see.

We started decorating for Christmas this weekend, the tree is up and mostly decorated and I have most of my other decorations placed around the house so it is starting to feel more like the holidays but the sunny warm weather really makes it hard to believe that it is a winter wonderland in other places right now. Here are some pictures from the weekend of our growing little boy.

Playing in his little gym for the first time



Ali got a new brace to help keep her leg straight


Finally starting to fit into some of his clothes..mainly newborn size fits best right now.

Sleeping on mommy


Getting dried off after a nice warm bath

Starting to like his bathtime

Making funny faces while lying in bed one morning



Sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed while mommy takes pictures

Napping in mommy's arms

1 comment:

Joshua and Hilary said...

ugh, your comments about your lack of sleep brings back the memories of long nights awake where i swear i felt like the only one in the world awake and that moment. just keep remembering it's not like this forever, it might seem like it at 3 am, but i promise, in the big picture, it's a short amount of time! i'm sending wishes of sleep filled nights your way! jude was 4 months old when he started sleeping from 7pm until 7am and he's done it ever since, if that gives you some hope! actually these days, he's going down at like 6pm and sleeping until at least 7:30... i think i'm lucky that way- but once jalen gets some more weight on i'm sure he'll start sleeping better. i love you though joely and am thinking of you! miss you a whole bunch and wish we lived closer so we could do this whole "mom thing" together! maybe one day! much love, hil