Saturday, December 6, 2008

Jalen's getting bigger

Well, Jalen will be 4 weeks old on Monday and he is getting bigger every day. I went to a breastfeeding support group on Friday and was able to weigh him when I got there, then nurse him and re-weigh him to make sure he was taking in enough (it can be so stressful to not know how much they are eating when you are breastfeeding, especially when they are small and tend to still be fussy sometimes even after eating seemingly a lot). When I weighed Jalen after he nursed for 30-40minutes, with his diaper and clothes on, he weighed 7lbs, 12oz but after I changed his diaper and re-weighed him with half of his clothes on, he was at 7lbs 8oz which is still awesome because exactly a week ago, he was weighed without clothes or a diaper on and he was 6lbs 11oz so that means in 1 week he gained about 10oz (taking into account his clothes probably weighed a few ounces) and at his age they like to see a gain of 4-8oz.

Here are some pictures from the past couple of days and at the bottom, a video from this afternoon...I hope Ky enjoys it Becky :o)





Looking up at mommy

I love his profile

Such bright blue eyes

ATNR at its best...for all my fellow PTs (it's a reflex that infants do)


Sleeping in daddy's arms



He's finding his fingers now whcih is nice when he can soothe himself


So peaceful when he sleeps, I could just stare at him all day...oh wait, I do!


Trying to focus on mommy's face or the bright camera flash


No comments: